Properties were on Thursday destroyed by fire in a residential duplex in Obiofia Nnewi Ichi, Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra State.
The fire which occurred around 7pm was caused by electric spark from power surge.
According to Fire Chief, Engr. Martin Agbili, no life was lost in the inferno, but the facility was seriously affected by the inferno.
He said, “At about 1902hrs (7.02pm) of Thursday 24-08-2023, Anambra State Fire Service, received a distress call of fire outbreak at Obiofia Nnewi Ichi, Nnewi North Local Government Area
“Immediately, our fire truck and diligent firefighters were deployed to the fire scene to fight, extingush and control the fire.
“The cause of the fire outbreak was as a result electric spark from power surge.
“The building was seriously affected by the fire but no life was lost during the fire fighting. A lot were saved as all surrounding buildings were saved from the effect of fire spread.
“Our firefighters left the fire incident scene at about 2130hrs(9.30pm).”