Market Security stabs boy to death at Onitsha over refusal to wear face mask 1

Market Security stabs boy to death at Onitsha over refusal to wear face mask

It was a bad Monday morning for traders who were visibly in high spirit to resume business activities after over two weeks of lockdown, as a private security guard attached to the Coca-Cola market in Onitsha, stabbed to death a 22years old man who turned violent after the security guard refused his mother entry into the market for refusing to wear the government ordered face mask.

THE DAILY VENDOR gathered that the tragic incident occurred around 8:20am on Monday, at the Coca-Cola market along Onitsha/Asaba expressway, Onitsha.

An eyewitness, who simply identified herself as Nwanyi Nsukka narrated how the whole incident happened.

She said “One of the market women was denied entry into the food market by a private security guard at the gate because she was not putting on face mask”.

“She got annoyed after several quarrel with the guard and left only to return with his son who on arrival engaged the security guard in an aggressive argument”

“While onlookers were trying to resolve the issue, the boy threw a Mike Tyson-like punch with a ring on his finger on the security guard, and bleeding was his prize for trying to enforce government’s face mask directive” she said.

Continuing she said “The security guard immediately drew his dagger and stabbed the boy’s upper abdomen”.

Confirming the incidence, The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Haruna Mohammed said police operatives from Okpoko Division in Onitsha arrested the Security guard attached to COCA-COLA Market Onitsha, one Ibuchi Nwoju ‘m’ aged 26 years of Asa village, Abia State but reside in Onitsha, who allegedly had an altercation with one Cletus Chisom ‘m’ aged 22 years of Ekekwe Street Awada and stabbed him with a knife on his chest.

The statement also reads: “victim became unconscious and was rushed to Goodnews Hospital Onitsha where he was confirmed dead on arrival by a medical doctor. Corpse was deposited at Toronto Hospital Mortuary for autopsy”.

Meanwhile, the state’s Commissioner of Police John B. Abang, fdc has ordered for immediate transfer of the case to State CID Awka for discreet investigation.

Kindly Leave a Comment