A two-storey residential building has been gutted by fire in Nodu, Okpuno in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State.
The incident which occurred around 8am on Friday, affected one part of the sitting room of the apartment.
State Fire Chief, Engr. Dr. Martin Agbili confirmed the incident, saying there was no life lost in the inferno.
He attributed the cause of the fire to power surge.
He said, “At about 0820hrs (8.20am) of Friday 09-02-2024, Anambra State Fire Service, received a distress call of fire outbreak at the last floor of a residential home of 2 storey building at Nodu, Okpuno.
“Immediately, we deployed our fire truck and gallant firefighters to fire scene for the operational firefighing and its extinguishment.
“The fire was extinguished on arrival and the building saved while one part of the sitting room affected.”