Widow seeks justice over son murdered five months ago

Widow seeks justice over son murdered five months ago

…says I need justice, the killers of my son will not go scot-free

A middle-aged widow, Mrs. Lucy Obasi Elechi has demanded justice over his assassinated son, Chikodiri Elechi in Nkpor, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Chikodiri was allegedly stabbed to death five months ago by his three co-scrap dealers with broken bottles, over sharing formular of the sum of N1,600 given to them after a business transaction.

His corpse was later deposited at Iyi-Enu hospital morgue, Ogidi, by the police and autopsy conducted before the corpse was allowed for burial in his father’s compound in Ebonyi State.

The deceased, a scrap dealer at Tarzan junction, Nkpor was buried weekend at his father’s compound in Ugwuogo Ikwuato Idembia community, Ezza South Local Government Area, Ebonyi State.

Speaking to reporters on Monday, Mrs. Elechi insisted that perpetrators of the deadly act would not go scot-free.

She urged Governor Chukwuma Soludo to come to her rescue as the sudden death of the son had caused her sleepless nights.

She said, “I always stay indoors now, not doing anything, I hardly eat because I don’t have appetite. Only God will see me through. I am a widow who struggle to keep body and soul together.

“I need justice, the killers of my son will not go scot-free because my son did not do them anything, they overpowered him and killed him by stabbing him severally on his neck and body with broken bottle.”

The deceased was reportedly lured to a drinking joint by his suspected assassins who were not comfortable with the sharing formular.

When he got the wind of their plot of revenge, declined honouring the invitation for a drinking spree at the joint which infuriated them.

Luck however ran out on Chikodiri when they ambushed him hours later, as he was riding on his motorcycle, and they rushed to him, forcefully tied both hands at his back and stabbed him severrally on his neck, stomach and entire body.

He reportedly slumped and the assailants quickly fled and had been at large for about five months after the incident, a development that informed sympathizers accusing the police of not living up to expectation.

Reacting, Ogidi Divisional Police Officer, Sani Ahmed, (CSP) said the police have intensified manhunt for the fleeing suspected killers.

“None of the suspects has been arrested, we have commenced man hunt for the fleeing suspects; we will get them with time, efforts are in top gear,” he said.

Kindly Leave a Comment