A five-bedroom duplex was on Wednesday night gutted by fire in Agu-Aba layout, off Mopol Base, Agu Awka in Anambra State.
A room in the residential building was said to have been completely burnt with property worth millions of naira lost to the inferno.
Daily Vendor gathered that no life was lost in the incident which was caused by power surge.
Confirming the report, Fire Chief, Engr. Dr. Martin Agbili attributed the cause of the fire to power surge, adding that no casualty nor loss of life was recorded in the incident.
He however said his men who arrived the scene of incident following distress call controlled the fire from spreading to other rooms and buildings in the area.
He said, “At about 1956hrs (7.56pm) of Wednesday 27-09-2023, Anambra State Fire Service, received a distress call of Fire outbreak in a residential home at No. 10 Uche Mmaduabuchi Agu-Aba layout off Mopol Base, Agu Awka.
“Immediately, our fire truck and diligent firefighters were deployed to the scene of fire for its extinguishment. The fire was fought, controlled and extinguished.
“The cause of the fire was Power Surge and there was no record of any casualty or lost of life.
“A room in a five-bedroom duplex were completely burnt, but we were able to control the fire from spreading to the other rooms and saved the building and other nearby buildings.
“We withdrew from the fire scene back to our fire station at about 2157hrs (9.57pm).”