Tuesday, December 7

Police investigate mysterious death of lady in Obi Cubana’s club

The police in Abuja have launched an investigation into the tragic incident that happened at the Hustle and Bustle club, where a lady, identified simply as Susan, was reportedly electrocuted.

The Hustle and Bustle club in the Aminu Kano Crescent area of Wuse, Abuja, is a club and restaurant co-owned by a popular socialite, Obi Cubana.

Sources say the victim, who went to the club on Saturday, was allegedly electrocuted by a metal on the floor of the clubhouse.

A Twitter user, @KhalidOshoke, who said he is the victim brother’s friend, narrated the incident on his Twitter page, he alleged that the management of the club did not accompany Susan to the hospital and did not report the incident to the police.

He tweeted, “My friend called me to tell me that his sister died at Hustle and Bustle early this morning. I quickly drove to the premises and I met my friend, friends of the deceased and employees of the Hustle and Bustle at the venue.

“My friend and his people have been at Hustle and Bustle since morning demanding CCTV footage so at least we can know the events that led to her demise. The most astonishing aspect of all this is the fact that the employees keep saying that the manager is the only one with access to the footage and the manager is sleeping.

READ ALSO  Yuletide: Police ban sale, use of fireworks ‘knockout’ in Abuja

The Twitter user, later tweeted that the family had been given access to the CCTV footage, and also noted that the matter had been reported to the police.

“He tweeted; Manager is finally here and we’ve seen the footage and she was obviously electrocuted by one of the metals on the floor.

“We’re all gathered at the police station and the management of Hustle and Bustle sent their facility manager to represent them.”

But the FCT police spokesperson, DSP Josephine Adeh, noted that the matter was reported to the police and that investigation was ongoing. She added that the police would conduct an autopsy on the corpse.

She said, “The case was reported to the police. This is a case of sudden and unnatural death, which investigation is going on. We are going to carry out an autopsy to determine the cause of death. I cannot tell you the cause of the death now until the investigation and autopsy are completed.”

The Daily Vendor Newspaper recalled that the management of the club, had in a statement posted on its Instagram page on Monday, announced the closure of the facility till further notice.

READ ALSO  Report: Red Sox Star Mookie Betts Traded To Dodgers

The statement read in part, “We’re closed till further notice. This is due to the loss of our esteemed client. We are deeply saddened by this situation and need time to heal from it.

“Our prayers are with the families of the lost soul; may her soul rest in peace. We sympathise with the family on this unbearable loss.”

Kindly Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: