High tension electrocutes woman, daughter in Nnewi shop

0
393

Residents of Okpuno Nnewichi in Nnewi North LGA of Anambra State were thrown into mourning yesterday following the sudden death of two persons, a mother and her daughter in the area.

The deceased, Mrs Patience Ugbana, 55 years and her daughter Miss Adaeze Ugbana,10years were reportedly electrocuted around 5pm in their shops located along Nnewi-Nnobi road of the industrial town.

The DAILY VENDOR learnt that the deceased were in their shop when a high tension wire opposite St. Peters Clavers, fell on the roof of the shop, leaving them electrocuted.

They were reportedly rushed to a nearby hospital by sympathisers where they were confirmed dead.

The Sector Public Education Officer, Federal Road Safety Corps, Pascal Anigbo, confirmed the incident, but said the victims were already dead before the arrival of FRSC rescue team from Nnewi Unit Command.

He said, “At about 5.01pm, it was reported that a high tension wire opposite St. Peters Clavers, along Nnewi-Nnobi road cut and fell on the roof of a shop, electrocuting Two (2) female adult victims.

“The victims were rushed to Rose of Sharon Hospital by sympathizers, before the arrival of FRSC rescue team from Nnewi Unit Command.

“The team on reaching the hospital, learnt that the doctors had confirmed them dead.

“The Sector Commander Federal Road Safety Corps Anambra State, CC Andrew A. Kumapayi, advised traders and shop owners not to build shops under high tension wires. They should seek approval from relevant authorities before construction of any structure, along the road.”

Kindly Leave a Comment