An early morning fire, on Sunday, gutted a three-storey building used as a mall, in Ogun State.
The mall, known as Olujimi Electronics, is located in Totoro area of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.
Electronics worth millions of naira was destroyed by the fire.
An eyewitness said the fire started at about 6 a.m. from a nearby paint depot which has the inscription ‘Wall Care Paints Depot’ on its walls. The fire was suspected to have been caused by an electrical power surge.
The fire spread to the electronic shopping mall, after which residents contacted the Federal Fire Service. The fire service officials raced to the scene and were later supported by the team of the Ogun State Fire Service.
The assistant officer in charge of the Federal Fire Service, Adegoke Adeoye, who was at the scene of the incident, said they got a telephone call about the incident and immediately proceeded to the scene.
He said they were still battling to control the fire as of the time of filing this report, adding that, the source was still yet to be established.