…we received a distress call of bush fire outbreak encroaching the Faculty of Law
Fire disaster was on Friday night averted at the Faculty of Law, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra State
The incident which occurred around 10.21pm was reportedly caused by burning of waste bin within the premises.
The Daily Vendor gathered that quick response of the fire fighters led to minimal damage of property in the building.
Confirming the incident, State Fire Chief, Engr Martin Agbili blamed the cause of fire on burning of waste bin.
He said it took his men less than two hours to extinguish the fire.
He said, “At about 1021hrs of yesterday Friday 03-02-2023, Anambra State Fire Service got a distress call of bush fire outbreak encroaching the Faculty of Law, Unizik, Awka
“Cause of Fire: burning of waste bin; Damage: There was no damage as we were able to control the fire from entering into building. Withdrawal Time: 1145hrs.”