The Federal Government will evacuate 802 Nigerians from Saudi Arabia this week.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Amb. Gabriel Aduda, who disclosed this in a statement in Abuja, said the returnees would return to the country on Thursday and Friday.
He said the returnees would be airlifted by two Saudi Arabian Airlines.
According to him, the citizens will be received at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, by the ministry officials.
The statement read: “The Saudi returnees will be received on arrival by officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and other relevant Ministries, Departments, and Agencies.
“They will be quarantined at the FCT Hajj camp for a period of 14 days in line with established COVID-19 protocols. Thereafter, the ministry will facilitate their movement to their respective home destinations.”
The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) had said last week the government would evacuate some irregular Nigerian migrants from Saudi Arabia.
The Chairman of NiDCOM, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, who disclosed this in a statement in Abuja, said the evacuation of the citizens was delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic.