To solve our problems, I would personally say the following:
1. There must be the POLITICAL WILL to CHANGE the status quo
2. WE MUST CHART A COURSE for our collective future – WHERE are we coming from? Where are we NOW? WHERE are we GOING? HOW do we want to get there? WHAT do we need to get there? WHO WILL get US there? HOW & WHAT do WE need to SUPPORT HIM/HER?, etc
3. Quick and prompt ACTION must follow every talk (campaign promises, implementation of right standards and procedures, prosecution of crimes, etc)
4. EXISTING laws that are good MUST be allowed to take their course while ones obsolete or inimical to country’s progress should be abrogated)
5. THE JUDICIARY must reexamine and purge itself of all little foxes that eat up the vineyard (right from the man at the security post to court clerks, lawyers and OF COURSE JUDGES!)
6. The CHANGE MUST start with you and I. Our personal and collective orientation toward all social vices must change. We must inculcate the good old values of fear of God, love and respect for our neighbors and their properties, ownership mentality towards public facilities, etc
7. Our political leaders MUST recognize THAT THEY ARE OUR SERVANTS, not lords over us and also that they are not running a monarchy. Sooner than later, their terms will expire.