Sunday, January 23

Children rescued as midnight fire razes buildings in Delta

No fewer than seven houses and properties worth millions of naira were on Wednesday razed in a midnight inferno that occurred at the Egbemene community in Warri waterside of Warri South West Local Government Area, Delta State.

Community sources said that the havoc was caused as a result of candle light which some unnamed children had put on but forgot to put it off before going to bed on Wednesday night.

A source said the mother had left home for a business, and the children put up candle light in the night but forgot to put if off before sleeping off. The candle was said to have about the midnight hours fell on the carpet of the house and ignited the fire.

The Daily Vendor Newspaper learnt that it was neighbours who rescued the children from the house as they were fast asleep whilst the fire was raging.

However, no life was reportedly lost in the fire incident which razed several houses and properties.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) for Delta State Command, DSP Bright Edafe could not be reached for comments on the fire incident as of the time of filing this report.

Kindly Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: