The Anambra State Government on Monday confirmed it’s first coronavirus related death.
The deceased, a 66 years old coronavirus patient was among the nine confirmed positive cases in the state.
This was announced during a special broadcast by the state governor, Chief Willie Obiano on Monday, May 25, 2020.
The governor said “Ndi Anambra it is important to explain here that the only Covid-19 death we have recorded so far was a 66-year old man who did not report his ill-health on time”.
“His case was reported late to the hospital and by the time his result came back positive, 24 hours later, he had passed away.”
He further stated that out of the many tests conducted so far, Anambra has recorded 9 positive cases. Four of these cases are currently in our Protective Care Center while one was accompanying a corpse from Lagos to Imo State when his sample was captured in Anambra for testing.
“He has since returned to Lagos and we have communicated the appropriate authorities about his whereabouts. Three of the cases have been discharged and only one case has passed on,” he said.