- Advertisement -
Home Local news Assassinated monarch's son alleges threat to life, absolves IPOB

Assassinated monarch’s son alleges threat to life, absolves IPOB

- Advertisement -Assassinated monarch's son alleges threat to life, absolves IPOB 3

Prince ChineduL Edozieuno, first son to former traditional ruler of Mkpunando, Igwe Alex Edozieuno, who was assassinated by gunmen last week has raised the alarm over threat to his life.

He said he was not only being trailed, but has been receiving threat calls from anonymous persons.

The deceased, dethroned alongside 12 others that accompanied oil magnet Prince Arthur Eze to the Presidency last year, was killed on September 10, 2021 after Ezu River Bridge along Onitsha-Otuocha-Adani road area of the state.

Speaking to reporters Sunday, Edozieuno also expressed worry over Governor Willie Obiano’s indifferent disposition towards the calamity that befell the family despite being a native of the community.

He said, “My father and the government had been friendly and I am a Senior Special Assistant to the Governor. My father and the Governor are from the same town and were age mates.

“It is curious that since my father’s assassination, the Governor has not shown any concern. He has not called to commiserate with the family or a visit.

“Meanwhile, since I started reaching out to the police following the assassination of my father I have been trailed by unknown persons. This poses danger on my life.

“As soon as news of my father’s assassination broke out, we heard that some people started celebrating. I also receive calls asking me to drop the case. When I complained to the police, they asked me how I was sure they have hand in my father’s death.

See also  Anambra 2021: Group raises alarm over violence against women

Edozieuno called on the Presidency, Inspector-General of Police and security agencies to come to his rescue to ensure he was not killed by the same persons that killed the father.

See also  You'll pay dearly for conspiring to proscribe us - IPOB to Ohaneze, S'east govs

He also debunked rumour linking his father’s assassination to Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) and Eastern Security Network (ESN), insisting that killers of his father were not far from his kinsmen.

“Some people have tried to link my father’s death to IPOB. That is false and cheap propaganda because my father has no issues with them.

“My father’s death cannot be far from the autonomous community issue because influential people from Aguleri wanted the town to remain one. His death is a strong hatchet man’s job by some highly placed people.

“Some suspects are already in police custody while others we finger as the king pins are free boasting in our town and bragging that they have connections and that we have nobody to speak for us,” he added.

When contacted, Police spokesperson, Tochukwu Ikenga said the Police was yet to receive any formal complaint from the victim.

- Advertisement -Assassinated monarch's son alleges threat to life, absolves IPOB 4
- Advertisement -Assassinated monarch's son alleges threat to life, absolves IPOB 7
Stay Connected
16,985FansLike
2,458FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe
Must Read
- Advertisement -Assassinated monarch's son alleges threat to life, absolves IPOB 8
Related News
See also  Beware of scammers! IPOB alerts citizens

Jobs hiring near me in US

- Advertisement -Assassinated monarch's son alleges threat to life, absolves IPOB 3

Kindly Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: